Find leaks quickly and easily with Ultrasound technology
Ultrasound leak detection covers a wide range of leaks: pressure or vacuum and any type of gas. ATEX or IS rated equipment are available for this application as well for ease of use in those areas.
Sound dependent: ultrasound instruments detect the turbulent flow produced as the gas moves from the high-pressure side to the low-pressure side of a leak. Using the characteristics of Ultrasound, locating leaks is fast and easy to do so because of:
- Directionality of sound waves makes locating the source easy
- Intensity of signal: the closer you get, the more sound you detect
- Fixed frequency, making it effective to locate even in a loud factory environment!
In many facilities Ultrasound detection instruments are used for safety, environmental, energy or quality assurance programs:
- Compressed air costs money! Avoid energy loss by fixing your leaks
- Industry average 31% of energy use can be avoided by just fixing leaks!
- Reduce running hours / wear and tear on existing equipment
- In many cases a lower spec or shut down of a compressor can be the result
- Specialty gasses
- Cost avoidance, expensive to buy or produce
- Environmental impact of certain gasses
- Production efficiency
- Achieve better efficiency of the process
- Run pressures or vacuum pressures at desired levels
- Inspection efficiency & inspector safety
- Flammable gasses = safety concerns
- Refrigeration systems: Use Ultrasound for “bigger leaks” in combination with gas detectors for small leak levels, making your inspection time efficient
- Using soap water creates simultaneously a safety hazard & creates extra work
- With long range detection it is possible to use an Ultraprobe at 15m distance, so no need to use a ladder or lift for detection.
One of the more popular applications for ultrasound is compressed air leak surveys. Utilizing UE Systems patented software for compressed gas leaks users are able to locate and report on cost estimation per leak while also demonstrating the reduction carbon footprint.
- Locate the leak site fast & easy
- Tag the leak site & record values with our digital Ultraprobes
- Report cost avoidance potential & produce repair reports
We have a range of instruments available from cost effective leak detector to digital tools to enable reporting functions.